Disabled Persons Placards and Plates
To obtain a disabled person’s license placard (which hangs from the rear-view mirror) or plate, submit the following to our office:
- MV-9D – Disabled Person’s Parking Affidavit, completed, signed and notarized by a Georgia-licensed healthcare practitioner
- Georgia driver’s license or Georgia ID card with a current Hall County address
Note: The licensed healthcare practitioner or doctor designates the disability and if temporary or permanent.
How to submit your MV-9D:
- Take a photo of your complete, signed, and notarized MV-9D and a copy of your up-to-date Georgia ID and send it to us via:
- Text to 833.602.8497,
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Fax to 770.531.7106
- Or, enclose a completed and notarized MV-9D and a copy of your up-to-date GA ID and:
- Mail to Hall County Tax Commissioner, PO Box 1576, Gainesville, GA 30504,
- Drop Off in our secure Drive Up Drop Box located outside the Government Center,
- Or visit our office in the Government Center at 2875 Browns Bridge Road for in person service
- For any questions, give us a call at 770.531.6950 Option 2
Permanent placards are valid for four years. To renew a permanent placard, a valid ID/Driver’s License is required.
A disabled person’s license plate fee is $20 plus any other fees and penalties which may apply. A valid Georgia’s License plate may be exchanged at no cost.
Disabled Person’s license plates are renewed annually. You may apply for a disabled person plate for each vehicle you own.
Temporary Disabled Person’s Placards
Temporary placards are valid for six months from the issue date. To renew a temporary placard, a newly-completed MV-9D form must be submitted